225qty. Lathe Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang5197

We need to have 225 pcs. machined ASAP.

The material is 4140 (shop should supply the material).
Qty. is 225

The knurling length is not critical, however it must uniform for all of the pcs.

Any length between 0.2120" to 0.3600" will be fine (just need to be the same for all of the pcs.). The knurl must be a straight tooth course style knurl. Also knurl needs to be perpendicular to the part (it cannot be "deeper" on the top and "shallower" on the bottom portion of the knurl).

The chamfer is simply to break the sharp edge. The part is drawn with a 45° at 0.100".

Drawing is saved to a R12 DXF and also PDF file.

Please PM quotes, current shop is not able to machine these at this time. We have be buying them for less then $2.90ea.

Since shipping and lead time are critical we are going to only use a US machine shop for these.

Should be easy quick work for a shop with a bar feeder.

Attachments

• Lifter Insert.dxf
    83.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Lifter Insert Model (1).pdf
    11.8 KB · Views: 177

SteelCutter

It doesn't seem like it versa1, I was going to ask the same question but saw this in the post:
"""""""current shop is not able to machine these at this time. We have be buying them for less then $2.90ea.""""""""" and the same job is up for grabs in mfg.com so I decided to shy away from it myself!!!

>>>versa1, have I seen you in practicalmachinist.com?<<< the name looks familiar, I often go there looking for work, have gotten some jobs from there, try it you may like it.

best of luck
SteelCutter

Status
Not open for further replies.