Request For Quote- 5" x 1.5" Aluminum UFO that LEVITATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyde

i am making a prototype with the possibility of making a hundred or so. the item is an aluminum UFO that is 5" wide and 1.5" tall. it will be 2 pieces that are glued together:

2vmf0us.jpg

2crwsd2.jpg

in the bottom of the base goes a simple magnet assembly that is part of a captured magnetic levitation base system a company i work with makes:

mrjhc.jpg

672l5f.jpg

the UFO would have to have a smooth finish and look like a quality model. the problem is that pro machinists in my area love to waaaaaaay overcharge for little hobby things like this. i need a guy who does it on the side, will care about the end result, and charges tinker prices. i have no problem paying someone for their time and skill, but the unit itself will sell for $150-$200 and i can spend about 1/4 - 1/2 of that on the disc only. it would probably be a limited run.

Hyde

(continued...)

i would like to add the UFO to the list of items i will be selling like the:

sterling silver meditation piece

doqjno.jpg

globe

2a77ic6.jpg

and a few other things like business card holders and video game related stuff. it would be super cool to see such an iconic disc in UFOlogy perfectly hovering 1.5" over the mirror finished stainless steel base lit up with 8 LEDs. i know it's an odd request - but i know alot of you are hobbyists and a few of you machine your own stuff. PM me for further details and thanks in advance...

---

[edit] I do not do CAD design (i'm a photographer lol) but i can do Photoshop-type stuff. i will be more than happy to pay to have someone make this in CAD or convert the DXF/DWG file that i have of the UFO. the end result would look something like this 2-piece design with the black parts milled out:

35hlhy0.jpg

integymachine

hello, I'm a cnc machinist by day and a hobby machinist by night and would like offer to make your model and a cad drawing to match I would machine the prototype on my manual bench lathe at home and if all goes well I could possibly make the cad and write a cnc program to submit to my job shop employer to run the quantity. I would charge very reasonable for machining + material costs. also how soon would you need the prototype part. thanks

Freestyle CNC

machinist/owner
Hello
Freestyle CNC would be happy to quote this for you. Please visit us at freestylecnc.com and take a look at some pictures and to get more information about us.

Thank you
Gus

Fegenbush

Madmachinist has the right idea. When I saw this, the first thing I thought of was spinning it from aluminum, brazing the two halves together, then polishing. I realize now that the simpler method would be spinning from copper/brass/bronze, soldering the two halves together and nickel plating.

Since I don't spin or nickel plate, it doesn't effect me in the slightest, but it would be the cheapest (and lightest) way to make them.

Hi, this is Danni from IDC. I am very interested in the items, please tell me what service you need IDC provide. Can I have your email address to discuss with you furher about the item?

I am waiting for your further information.

Thank you

Danni
IDC ( Shanghai ) Co., Ltd.
Address: Room 1803,Jinxiao building,No.36 Biquan Rd,
Minhang District,Shanghai, China
Email: sales1@idctsr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.