Request For Quote- 60 / 120 Small 316 Stainless Shuttle Piston

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbclassics

Requesting a quote on the following item. No dimensional drawing yet, working on that tonight (might not even get around to it as I'm swamped with work)... but this is a very basic turned part, you should be able to get a good idea of the part from the two supplied photos. The sample in the photo will be provided to whatever shop is awarded the job. It is expected that the new batch match the sample completely.

0.310" in major diameter, diameter tolerance must be held tight +/- 0.0005"
1.3925" on the length, +/- 0.0025 is OK here (1.390-1.395")

Material is 316 Stainless, please quote you supply or customer supplied (we're getting 316 SS 5/16" round stock at $1.96/ft).

Surface finish on part must be smooth, no tooling marks / nice edges / no burrs... a good quality turned item. No additional finishing processes needed (no plating, no polishing).

Turn around time. Please make sure your quote includes a realistic turn around time. I will be very unhappy if I award the quote to someone who tells me 7-10 days and it takes a month.

Shipping. These are all very small, I expect 60 or even 120 to easily fit into a USPS Priority Mail flat rate box for $10. The items don't need to be individually bagged.

RFQ open until Friday Sept 4th at 12noon EST. Once I award the job to a shop, I'll post the resulting winning bid price (but not who it is), and also some other feedback. I was satisfied with the job I put out here in early 2008, and the quality of the pieces I received from that US based machinist were OK.

Sorry Canadians, Mexicans, Chinese, Indians and anyone else outside of the USA - I am not interested in receiving RFQs on this job from anyone outside of the USA. Shops in PA, we can provide our Tax info to avoid sales tax, as these parts are for resale.

Thanks,

Kai

Attachments

• shuttle1.jpg
    shuttle1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 171
  • shuttle2.jpg
    shuttle2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.