Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsam

I need the following quoted

QTY of 2 pcs 6061 aluminum
also QTY of 50 pcs 6061 aluminum
Tolerance +/-.005 unless otherwise noted

Winning bidder will get both jobs, so bid each accordingly

The 50 pcs can not be run until the 2 pcs get approval, expect small changes, not material/od dimension, if anything just radius changes expected. 3-5 days needed to get first proto approval. Price is budgeted for that. This will be awarded.
Any questions please let me know.
I can also give you starting and stopping points for all those radiuses. Part was drawn in Bobcad V20. I can send those files

Price shipped to 70079

Thanks
Matt

Attachments

• protohv.dxf
    25.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

mattsam

I would love to quote this but I will need a better understanding of what you want, especially on the second drawing.

Added some clarification:

The second drawing gets a bit confusing but this is how it goes:Have both drawings in front of you
The second drawing has an area marked FACE- That is the same area as the first drawing 1.163" OD dimension, I will label drawing one as face and repost.
There is a .246" Boss coming up from the face .040" (also labeled on drawing 1)
Then there is a face groove .188 wide x .125 deep from the face at .505" outside diameter and .317" inside diameter.
In addition to the face groove, there is relief of .015" deep at the .246" boss going to the .317" ID
The center is simply drilled and tapped for 10-24

I will post this to review

mattsam

NEW Drawings with better labeling

PLEASE USE These to quote

Using .cad file it looks perfect, the dxf is moving text around. I can fax if needed
Matt

Attachments

• protohv.dxf
    30.7 KB · Views: 59
  • protohv1.dxf
    9.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Dualkit

Something seems odd, I found this previous post by Mattsam

We currently have open machine time for medium to high production run of simple AND complex parts made from all materials. We specialize in the turning and milling of hard to machine alloys including Stainless steels, inconell, titanium, also mild steels, aluminum, and plastics.

Privately owned business for over 25 years. Specialties are oil field related parts, among others.

22 Full CNC machines, high end Japanese and German machines.

Turing sizes up to 20" diameter- Typical sizes .25" to 3" od sizes.
Gun drilling, automatic honing, deburring, ect..
Milling capacity of 45" x 25" Table size in vertical machines, and 300mm pallet horizontal machines.

So you have all this at your disposal and you are trying to outsource these
parts? It is obvious if the above is true, you could easily make them yourself.
So this RFQ smells a little fishy. Care to explain?

mattsam

Something seems odd, I found this previous post by Mattsam

We currently have open machine time for medium to high production run of simple AND complex parts made from all materials. We specialize in the turning and milling of hard to machine alloys including Stainless steels, inconell, titanium, also mild steels, aluminum, and plastics.

Privately owned business for over 25 years. Specialties are oil field related parts, among others.

22 Full CNC machines, high end Japanese and German machines.

Turing sizes up to 20" diameter- Typical sizes .25" to 3" od sizes.
Gun drilling, automatic honing, deburring, ect..
Milling capacity of 45" x 25" Table size in vertical machines, and 300mm pallet horizontal machines.

So you have all this at your disposal and you are trying to outsource these
parts? It is obvious if the above is true, you could easily make them yourself.
So this RFQ smells a little fishy. Care to explain?

Sure, we don't do small qty work. I'm trying to save a start up company some money by outsourcing through RFQ Work instead of our normal proto shop we use. This job could become large and we want that order.
Nothing Fishy at all. We don't do small qty work. I have received 0 quotes?? I can't believe it, my customer is looking for a quote. He is selling the product now, that is why the second run has increased in qty.

And that post was from 2006, we have much less open time now.
Matt

Last edited:

Dualkit

No bids? Might be the masses are getting educated? From the looks of this part
it will require at least one radiused i.d. groove tool, probably most people don't
have one. Trying to ammortize a tooling charge into parts in this and other bid sites will almost guarantee no chance at being the winning bid. Your reason behind farming this out makes sense, but still wonder why you won't spit out
50 at a reasonable price in hopes of getting the later larger run. My guess is this
guy's target price for 50 is really unreasonable. Most guys in here will run low quantities at give away prices hoping to land the long run job, your explanation
killed that hope. I would suggest posting the target price, unless it's doable by it's self with no hope of future work, you will get no takers. Glad to see your busier than 2006, most people aren't.

mattsam

No bids? Might be the masses are getting educated? From the looks of this part
it will require at least one radiused i.d. groove tool, probably most people don't
have one. Trying to ammortize a tooling charge into parts in this and other bid sites will almost guarantee no chance at being the winning bid. Your reason behind farming this out makes sense, but still wonder why you won't spit out
50 at a reasonable price in hopes of getting the later larger run. My guess is this
guy's target price for 50 is really unreasonable. Most guys in here will run low quantities at give away prices hoping to land the long run job, your explanation
killed that hope. I would suggest posting the target price, unless it's doable by it's self with no hope of future work, you will get no takers. Glad to see your busier than 2006, most people aren't.

You are assuming a lot, slow down a bit. IF you don't want to bid than don't or pm me questions. His target is plenty high, he has research on this. No I'm not going to bring large RFQs to this site, why would I. This is a REAL job with a profitable target. The order is for a small run of 50 after a proto of 2 is run. I need pricing on both and it will be awarded to the same shop.
Matt

Dualkit

Sorry for the rough time, there have been too many tire kickers in here lately.
Question, what do you mean by .320 MPT? Looking at the part the back wall doesn't appear thick enough to thread that deep without drilling through.

mattsam

Sorry for the rough time, there have been too many tire kickers in here lately.
Question, what do you mean by .320 MPT? Looking at the part the back wall doesn't appear thick enough to thread that deep without drilling through.

There is .370 wall thickness in that area, and after looking I can shallow up that .320 number

mattsam

The job is pending an order with Jeff of JCS Machine shop, I will not post pricing but it was one of the first quotes and very close to our targets. He was also no low bid.
Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.