Request For Quote- Garolite G10 Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddie911

I want to make a custom chassis for an RC car out of a black Garolite G10 sheet, probably 1/8" thick. It's not too complicated, though the drill holes have to be precise, but I'm not sure if another machining method would be more appropriate/cheaper, if so please let me know. I've attached a picture showing the general idea and shape I am looking for, though the exact shape, and location/size of holes are still being determined, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate at this time just to get an idea of whether it's even worth the effort. The project would be ~10" long and about 6" at it's widest point. Please PM me with quotes, and please feel free to include quotes where you supply the material. Thanks.

Attachments

• flat chassis.jpg
    flat chassis.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 103
Jeremy,
Unless you plan on production quantities, your custom chassis will cost you a lot. For companies like ours your project is what’s called a prototype. All the expense of programming and setup will all be absorbed in the cost of that one unit. If you go into production with considerable quantities your cost per unit goes way down. Your post doesn't indicate you plan on production so you might find someone who just wants to see if they can do it and works out of their garage. I can not give your request to our engineer without a drawing with tolerances, so we are unable to quote. An off the wall guess is it could be as high as $500 or more. Good luck.

Dennis
EFS Enterprises Company
3855 24th Avenue
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Ph. (503) 359-9200
Fax (503) 359-9400
"Machining quality parts is our way of life"
dennis@efsenterprises.com
www.efsenterprises.

thunderbite

Email

I want to make a custom chassis for an RC car out of a black Garolite G10 sheet, probably 1/8" thick. It's not too complicated, though the drill holes have to be precise, but I'm not sure if another machining method would be more appropriate/cheaper, if so please let me know. I've attached a picture showing the general idea and shape I am looking for, though the exact shape, and location/size of holes are still being determined, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate at this time just to get an idea of whether it's even worth the effort. The project would be ~10" long and about 6" at it's widest point. Please PM me with quotes, and please feel free to include quotes where you supply the material. Thanks.

Send me a email and I will give you a price
Mike B

thunderbite

Please contact me at mbeckmann@bevcomm.net

Status
Not open for further replies.