In need of Mandrel Bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twil759

Hey guys. I have a part that needs to be mandrel bent out of 1" OD .065" wall mild steel tubing. There are some tight radii on the part. One of them being a 1.5" centerline radius. As of right now, I just need 20 pcs with a pretty quick turn around. There may be an opportunity for a repetitive order. Sorry guys, I do not have an electronic file of this part. Hopefully the jpg is sufficient. If you have any questions, please contact me.

-Twil
twilson@ymsinc.net
Springfield, MO

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 67
Hi,

Call my office it you need these in a very short time, the fab shop 2 blocks from our place is very fast. They have done things for me the same day!!! I am not sure about the pricing, if you call I will talk to them regarding this. Please email the jpg to rfq@contractmachinginc.com the one that is posted is very difficult to read.

maxshelor

A tube can be bent in multiple directions and angles. Common simple bends consist of forming elbows, which are bends that range from 2 to 90°, and U-bends, which are 180° bends. More complex geometries include multiple two-dimensional (2D) bends and three-dimensional (3D) bends. A 2D tube has the openings on the same plane; a 3D has openings on different planes.
Mandrel bending is a widely misunderstood bending term. Many customers and even some bending companies refer to the bending dies as mandrels or shoes. Technically the mandrel is a part of the tooling set but does not exist in most bending applications.
Common mandrels configurations include the plug, ball, disc or multi-ball or disc design. The type of mandrel required varies depending on the wall thickness of the tube, radius required, and type of material being bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.