Looking for *cheap* Wire EDM shop...

InspirationToolworks

Crazy Inventor
I have a wire-edm job that I need done. I need various shapes (hearts, stars, triangles, etc.) roughly 1/2" across cut from 3/4" thick 304 stainless with a reamed hole in the middle of each. I need them in batches of about 100.

The accuracy required is more than laser or waterjet can handle, and doing it on a mill would require at least a 4 axis set up with multiple operations, so as far as I can see, wire-edm is the only way to go. The tolerances required (+/- .015 in profile, +/- .002" in taper) are easy for a wire-edm to meet.

I've had a couple of batches of this product made, and I know the price I need is on the edge of profitability for a wire EDM shop. I don't feel I can raise the price on these items, so I need to limit the price I pay to $5 to $6 each. I can wait until you have some downtime, and you can use this job to fill in holes between larger projects.

Please e-mail me for a quote package with all requirements and DXFs/DWGs if you would like to quote on this job. I just want you to know up front what you are getting into. :)

Thanks!

-Jeff

InspirationToolworks

Crazy Inventor
India is fine, but be sure you are ready to provide a full quote that includes all shipping/taxes/fees/etc rolled into the quote.

I will send you the RFQ package tomorrow.

Thanks!

-Jeff

vikrant2

Complete Quote

We are not aware of US taxes. We will provide you complete price including Air/Sea transportation cost up to your location.
Your requirement ask for Air Frieght.
Please let me know the finish reqirements because depending on that i have to make wirecut program.
Regards
Vikrant

trt

Hi Jeff:

We are located in southern New Jersey and might be able to do that edm job for you. Please e-mail me the files and advise who supplies the material.

Thank you,

Yasco Wainberg
info@tri-r-tool.com
856-829-4721

Jeff3

Hello.
Please send dxf or dwg to
mailto::alpha_mach@clearwire.net

We are a small shop in Florida. Looking for some fill work between cutting die sections.

Jeff Thompson
904-276-6131
904-276-6132 fax

leo

Leo Flores
Invitation to All............

<< Type your message here! >>

To view a slideshow of the "www.sdprototypes.com" Loop, click on this link:
http://invite.filmloop.com/x?FX-nX2OiIvI5YPIexliDHPtdjLzcMheF

Thanks!
— leo

Hi.....

I am a new member here. I just whant to let everyone know that SDPROTOTYPES Mfg. Solutions Inc., (WWW.SDPROTOTYPES.COM)
is located in San Diego, California.

SD Prototypes works mainly with EDM Technology Industries. It has a variety of Wire EDM machines that can accommodate almost any application imaginable. Our years of experience in providing intrigue complex parts, extreme tapers, exotic alloys, and the unusual, enable us to handle the complicated jobs that other companies might be unwilling to accept. In fact, we pride ourselves on our “One Stop Shopping” approach.
SD Prototypes uses the latest CAD/CAM Software for our programming systems, giving us the ability to quickly program complex 5-Axis geometry. We are able to accept dxf, igs, and dwg files from our customers for quick generation into programs.

If Wire EDM expertise is what you are looking for, we welcome the opportunity to show you all that SD Prototypes has to offer. Satisfaction Guaranteed.

We have no minimum job requirements.

GIVES US ALL CALL FOR A FREE QUOTATION ON YOUR NEXT JOB.

7929 Silverton Avenue, Suite 605, 92126

619.250.5364 leo

Last edited:

Steve Argo

Wire EDM Man
EDM work

I would be willing to quote your work I have a mits wire edm. I am located in Tennessee. Send me a dxf or dwg file.

Thanks
Steve Argo
Precision EDM and CNC, LLC

leo

Leo Flores
I would be willing to quote your work. I am located in sunny San Diego. Send me a dxf or dwg file.

Thanks
Leo Flores
Precision EDM and CNC

www.sdprototypes.com

Fax: 858.549.9502

or

mps

Mechanical Parts Supplier
Is this RFQ open still?
We are a Chinese sourcing company. We can quote it. Please send me your drawings. Thanks.

Steven Chang
Engineer
Xuzhou MPS Trade Co., Ltd
www.mpscn.com
schang@163.com
phone, 86-516-85850567
fax, 86-516-85850567