Request For Quote- Machine Ends of Leadscrew - 1 piece job

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCS25

I have a 6 foot long acme threaded rod that needs to be cut to length, the ends turned to fit .500" bearings and a .250" pulley, will require threading, and a broached hex. Please quote 1 piece with shipping to zipcode 44131. I will supply material and send bearings and pulley to use to fit diameters. Thanks!

Attachments

• acme screw.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 60
Hello,

My name Glenn Harper, owner of A-1 Machine Services. We are a fully equipped machine shop located near downtown Indianapolis, IN. We offer competitive pricing, quick 1-2 week delivery, along with exceptional quality on all jobs no matter size or quantity. E-Mail us anytime with your drawing to get a free quote.

Thanks,
Glenn Harper
A1MachineSerivces@gmail.com

OnDemand

BCS25,

We are a small, two-man shop in Eastern South Dakota that offers competitive pricing, short lead-times, and quality machining.

We would enjoy the opportunity of quoting this part for you. Please send prints (pdf)...

alltheway_feb@hotmail.com

Thanks again,

B. Paige Caudell

bobk

Your tolerance is very tight. Most threaded rod is rolled and has more than .0005 variation before you machine. Is this possible with your material? I'm local and could arrange to see your material and discuss to get an accurate quote, if that would be helpful.

BCS25

bobk,

You are right on the tolerance being too tight. The screw is rolled, so I'm OK with opening that concentricity tolerance up to .002". Where are you located? Can you email or PM me a ballpark quote before I come to your shop?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.