Simple plasma cut part

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinwater

You can use up your 1/8" scrap steel for this project. I was getting a similar design made by a local company but they went out of business for .55 each. I need 100 of this for testing as a first order.

Send quote to thinwaterboats at yahoo.com

No finishing needed, just throw in a usps flat rate box.

Attachments

• TMTJ..JPG
    TMTJ..JPG
    19 KB · Views: 31

Dualkit

Buying in low volume someone is going to pay $1 a pound for 1018, that makes the material for your parts 25 cents each. Even if rescued from the scrap man the material still cost 25 cents a part when originally purchased. If I pull a piece of brass from my scrap barrel and make a part with it, that brass is now worth $5 a pound, not the $1.50 a pound the scrap man gives for it. Someone costing out material at scrap price even if he has plenty is setting a bad precedent, one, he is spending extra time rummaging for material and not compensating himself for it, two, he set a price for a job that is unsustainable. So you are asking someone to make $30 on an order with your target price? There are some highly skilled guys here and a larger group of hacks. I know all about the hacks as I have seen samples of there work, when their dissatisfied customer sends me samples of garbage and asks what quality work costs. Your part is simple, but believe it or not there are guys here that can't even make then right. Also quoting what you paid from a guy no longer in business is meaningless.

thinwater

Buying in low volume someone is going to pay $1 a pound for 1018, that makes the material for your parts 25 cents each. Even if rescued from the scrap man the material still cost 25 cents a part when originally purchased. If I pull a piece of brass from my scrap barrel and make a part with it, that brass is now worth $5 a pound, not the $1.50 a pound the scrap man gives for it. Someone costing out material at scrap price even if he has plenty is setting a bad precedent, one, he is spending extra time rummaging for material and not compensating himself for it, two, he set a price for a job that is unsustainable. So you are asking someone to make $30 on an order with your target price? There are some highly skilled guys here and a larger group of hacks. I know all about the hacks as I have seen samples of there work, when their dissatisfied customer sends me samples of garbage and asks what quality work costs. Your part is simple, but believe it or not there are guys here that can't even make then right. Also quoting what you paid from a guy no longer in business is meaningless.

Thanks for all of your advice. I have found several that will do this job for me and it will be worth their while when I give them all of my other plasma work. I am out of room in my shop and cant add a plasma cutter right now. I need another VF2 ss first, then a Haas EC 500. The Haas HFO owner was at my shop today working out the delivery dates on both peices of equipment.

This quopte is now closed, thanks to all who resonded!

Status
Not open for further replies.