Request For Quote- Turning/Milling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taflin

Please quote the attached parts individually. Assembly is attached for reference. Please supply cost, including material in quantities of 1,10, 25, 50, and 100, or alternatively quote in a minimum quantity comfortable for production. Material sizes on the drawings are recommendations only. Alternative material recommendations will be considered. Please email me with any questions or suggestions. bdhowey@gmail.com

Attachments

• 10002 - Sheet1..pdf
    18 KB · Views: 117
  • 10002-4 - Sheet1..pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 10002-1 - Sheet1..pdf
    19 KB · Views: 62
  • 10002-2 - Sheet1..pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 10002-3 - Sheet1..pdf
    12.3 KB · Views: 56

Dualkit

What is your time frame? I would like to quote but one of the 3 machines I have that I would use to make these is in the process of being repaired. Your choice of 6061 is fine, but UHMW is unfriendly to achieving a nice burr free finish on the round parts. Also what are the hassles of shipping into Canada from the USA?

burk

Your choice of 6061 is fine, but UHMW is unfriendly to achieving a nice burr free finish on the round parts.

Yes, and if you are wanting a plastic to take a bit more wear, I'd say delrin and it works so much better, just a bit more $$, but little difference on such small part

Taflin

Time frame is open.

Those shipping from USA will ship to a depot, in WA, no customs hang ups, no waiting for your money.

I understand that UMHW is not the most friendly of materials. Unfortunately I do not think derlin will work, as the part will be in contact with water and be subject to cool temperatures.

Dualkit

Acetal will absorb .2% water if submerged 8hrs, max absorption .8%. Cannot find minimum temperature characteristics. What temperature will you parts be subject to? I really don't think you will like the looks of UHMW unless someone spends a lot of time hand deburring and polishing with fine steel wool.

Tony M

Hello. This is Tony from Spare Parts Manufacturing and Repair. We are a FULL service industrial and commercial machine shop that specializes in the repair of industrial equipment, as well as commercial marine equipment. We also re-design parts and or projects that keep failing and make obsolete or hard to find parts all the time. We are very good at what we do and will not loose your business over price. Let us know how and when we can help. Our phone number is 360.694.6560 and email is sparepartsmandr@aol.com. Talk to you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.