Aluminum Turning

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part requires some milling work as well. A good candidate for live tooling.

The closer you are to Idaho the better, or be willing to ship quickly.

1) 6061-T6
2) You supply material
3) Qty: 5, 25, 100

Please quote best lead time.

PDF attached.

Attachments

• AV10009.PDF
    55.7 KB · Views: 182

Dweekes

Quoted via PM

I'm sending you a PM quote. Delivery as fast as next Thursday.
Douglas Weekes
WCS
651-775-4068

Fegenbush

Since your tolerances are pretty tight and the material is aluminum, I'll ask the question: At what temperature will the QC be done? If they're right when the vendor checks them at ~30 degrees, they'll be ~0.002" larger when checked at ~70 degrees. Similar could be said if they're still warm from machining when the measurement is taken.

Since your tolerances are pretty tight and the material is aluminum, I'll ask the question: At what temperature will the QC be done? If they're right when the vendor checks them at ~30 degrees, they'll be ~0.002" larger when checked at ~70 degrees. Similar could be said if they're still warm from machining when the measurement is taken.

Tolerances will be checked at 70F.

We'll keep this RFQ open until Feb 10, 2009. There have been a surprisingly small number of quotes, so let me try and clarify a little.

-Being close to Idaho is not a requirement for this job, but being in the United States is.

If you have a question please feel free to ask. And thanks to those who have quoted already.

Shelby964

PM sent.

We would like to quote any and all items you might have coming up. We are a shop based outside of Huntsville, Alabama and can send you a letter of introduction and a capabilities list if needed. My email is g.sharp@imaginationindustries.com .

Thanks again,
George Sharp
Imagination Industries Inc.
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama 35763
256-725-5500

Thank you all for the quotes, they ranged anywhere from $5 per piece to $130 per piece in quantities of 5. We have awarded this job to a fairly active member on this forum, and we will provide a review once the job is complete.

More parts to come. Thank you again.

sandiegocnc

Also, if you are looking for anodizing please let me know.

I'm originally from HSV and know a little about the area. I run a machine shop referral service for San Diego county and was looking to expand it on a national scale. Would you be interested in the service once I have it up and running? And, if so, how would you like to be categorized? North Alabama? Hsv Area? Etc.?

sandiegocnc

What in the world is that all about? Sandiegocnc should be deleted as you haven't really proven what work you may or may not have done for people on the forum in the past. So in closing, keep your opinions to yourself.

George

Hey, George... if you don't want to read my comments, that's fine with me. Just don't waste everybody's time with your crying, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.