Request For Quote- CNC machining of aluminum extrusions, and steel keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototyper

Please be sure to see my other request for quote in the turned parts section of this forum.

Contact me at 3dbotic@gmail.com

NDA is requested. Please email me for the NDA blank, which will also include my contact information.

1) Material type
Extrusions are 6063-T6 or 6061-T6
Key steel type is any of the following: 440 SS, 416 SS, 410 SS

2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied.
6063-T6 Extrusions to be supplied to CNC shop. Raw extrusions to be shipped to CNC shop. Cross section of raw extrusion is shown on the print. Overall dimensions of finished part is 15.7" long x 2.15" high x 1.54" wide, however the height and width are already a feature of the supplied extrusions. I believe the raw extrusions "sticks" are 144" long. My hope is that we can get 9 pcs from each extrusion stick. (slightly under .25" cut factor)

Material quote to be included for small steel key. Keys have overall dimensions of .947" long x .325 x .125 thick. Laser cutting of this part is acceptable.

3) Quantity
Please quote the following quantities for both the extruded piece and the key

4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs.
3D solid models in Step format are available. 2D dimensioned and toleranced detail drawings available in PDF format.

5) Required time frame
Extrusions will be available in Feb 2015. Initial samples to be done at that time.

6) RFQ ending time

Nov 5 2014

7) Full contact information should be supplied upon first contact by email from both parties, neither should have to reply to @.com
Full contact info to be supplied via email. please contact me at 3dbotic@gmail.com

8) If you the RFQ poster needs help in some of the technical areas then that should be made know initially.
If any drawing call outs (especially GD&T) are confusing or incorrect, please bring to my attention

9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process.
Noted on drawings

Prototyper

To folks replying to my first post below:

I posted this a month ago on this forum (RFQ ending time is now past). Even though it says I posted on Nov 25, this post actually did not show up to the public on this forum until today (the forum moderators held it from being posted for a month).

I am sorry, the job is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.