Request For Quote- Make me a replacement handle for automatic knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerup93

Hi all,

I only need ONE item made. It is a replacement handle (one side) for an automatic folding knife (Gerber 06 Auto).

The pivoting point of the handle which secures the blade was cut off, but I still have most of the handle for its shape and the inner liner which is fully intact therefore keeps the FULL shape of the handle for size reference.

What I would like is for someone to make the replacement handle complete with holes for screws, not tapped, and importantly the pivot joint hole with it's recessed areas for the coil spring to nestle into. I don't need the outer part of the handle to be made identical, I'm looking for the function to be restored.

It is made of 6061 Al but I don't mind G10. I contacted the manuf but they won't honor a replacement!

What I could do for you, is perhaps send the handles pieces so that you can take measurements.

I'm not looking to spend much at all really, but was looking for someone who was up for a little challenge, taking their time, and making this.

Attachments

• P1030974..jpg
    P1030974..jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 63

Gibarra73

Send me the the material you want to use and the broken pieces and I will make the replacement handle for you. Just like you said, I will take the "little challenge"...

You can send the parts to:

Gabriel Ibarra
2212 Catalpa Dr.
Orleans, MI 48865

Let me know... you can e-mail me at gabriel_i@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.