Prototype Needed Milling / Drilling / Tapping Plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnewton

1) Material type
Gray PVC or hdpe. Whatever is cheaper / easier.
2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied.
I would prefer you supply it, I have a local supply for plastics however, and if it's cheaper / easier, i can have them send it to you. All the material is the same, either 1" or 1.5/2" thick. PM for drawings.
3) Quantity, need one set, 4 different assemblies (we will assemble)
4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs.
pm me for drawings. i am converting to pdf now. Also, i am posting 3
more similar, If you quote one, please do all three, it will be easier with one
supplier (although not necessary)
5) Required time frame
as soon as you have time
6) RFQ ending time
whenever i get 3-5 quotes to compare.
7) Full contact information should be supplied upon first contact by email from both parties, neither should have to reply to @.com
don't know how to do this, or what this means, but ok.
8) If you the RFQ poster needs help in some of the technical areas then that should be made know initially.
The local guy said it would cost a bunch to mill all the edges to a 1/8"
radius, but had a way to just "knock off the edge" maybe you do too?
otherwise, 1/8" radius on all the external edges. I think he's too busy
anyway...
9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process.
if there are any words / printing on the stock material, please remove it,
thanks.

Last edited:

jnnewton

Well, i have found it to be good practice to compare prices on anything I buy, personal or business-wise. I also compare lead times, company reputation, among other factors. But, for the sake of this conversation, if you would like to do the work for $1200 or less (all the parts i need), including shipping and materials, can ship it in 3 days or less, and you are a reputable manufacturing source, the job is yours.

Well, i have found it to be good practice to compare prices on anything I buy, personal or business-wise. I also compare lead times, company reputation, among other factors. But, for the sake of this conversation, if you would like to do the work for $1200 or less (all the parts i need), including shipping and materials, can ship it in 3 days or less, and you are a reputable manufacturing source, the job is yours.
If you can send the .pdf /.dxf : sales@contractmachining.us
we can look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.