OD and ID Grinding Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

workerbob

Hey guys. I was hoping to find someone on here that has the capability to do high tolerance OD and ID grinding. I will have blanks that are turned to +.002 to +.005" for the surfaces that need to be ground, so you won't to remove a lot of material. Plan on tolerances of +/-0.0001". Ground surfaces to 16 RMS or better. I am using this bid as a basis for similar parts, so there may be more work available.

If you run a fully capable shop, you can also provide a quote for turning these parts from a 2.375" blank out of 4130, hardening and the grinding operations, and I will consider a shop for all operations.

1) Hardened 4340
2) Blanks supplied.
3) Quantities: 1, 10, 100 pcs (please quote separately)
4) I will need some fairly quick turn around on orders (<5 days per 10pcs), and I am a stickler about on-time deliveries :)

Please provide a detailed quote, contact information, and some samples(pics) of work if possible. Only suppliers in the USA needed.

In the drawing, the surfaces highlighted with red lines are the ground surfaces.

Let me know if there are any questions.

bc-em5000.jpg

I've attached a dwg that you can get the remaining dimensions from if you are looking to quote the entire part.

Attachments

• bc-em5000.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.