OK We need some closure here!

RFQadmin

Site Owner
Staff member
Yes it does but I'm not making that available, you can close your thread, but not delete it.

TFreeman

For what its worth.

I think this problem requires less bitching and more creative thought. These BB's are all written in PHP which means if you can dream it you can code it. After seeing the reviews of other sites of this nature I'm glad to have found this one and fairly immune to any BS that may find itself under my foot.

I'm no PHP wiz but I have friends that are, and I'm sure I could persuade their help. The whole concept of this board, to me anyway, seems to be more community oriented that money oriented. Most programmers get a woody anytime you say open source, and in a round about sort of way thats what this is. Its in the open and the "admin" isn't clearing a cent besides the total chump change google pays him for the links ( I worked for google I know how they can get lol ).

I read in an earlier post about rating people who originate RFQ's and the response was "we have a rate this thread". I like this idea, but obviously that puts the burden upon us to actually rate and upon the admin to act accordingly. This could be automated though. Lets say add a button for the author of any thread within certain formums thats says "filled". Now add another button that only shows for non-author of thread that says "unresolved". A simple algorithm could work out the times that each (or just one) of the responses was entered and after a certain amount of violations the "requester" would be banned from posting. All this could be done with script and require nothing from the admins. I cant pull this off myself but I have people who can make it happen.

I just want to contribute to this board because I really dig its core philosophy as "I see it". Community is important to me and a site like this shows selfless love for the trade I love.

Bring more suggestions and lets figure out a way to make it happen.

TFreeman

I guess yall aint ready for all that. Sorry if I came across pushy, I'm quiet from here out on this issue. Then again maybe this board isn't that active, I have no idea. But I want this board to not only survive but thrive. Kudos to ADMIN, you rarely see labors of love these days that result in other peoples profit while your left holding the complaint box.