Rigger?

O.COMPS

Does anyone know a rigger that can move some equipment? I've tried several and they become disinterested when they find out the job is moving between residential properties. Any thoughts? I'm outside of Philadelphia.

John

steele

What is it? Can't you move it yourself? Can you jack it up & build a structural steel skid to put underneath it? Then maybe you can find a car tower w/ a Rollback (tiltbed) that'll haul it for you. You need a jack, some steel, probably "C" channel some pipe for rollers & some sort of come-along. The riggers maybe as concerned about the value of the job as well as working in a residential area. I've got a 10,000# rated pallet jack & it's invaluable for my rigging jobs (mostly for moving stuff in my shop). You'll probably pay $75/hr. for a rollback & driver so if you're moving a whole shop you probably want to rent a truck for stuff you can lift & get the rollback for the heavy stuff. I know a guy who moves big stuff in his 1 ton dump truck w/ planks & a come-along. He doesn't drive around corners too fast!