Request For Quote- Scale wheels for radion controlled car

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster_beetle

www.tamiyaresource.com
I have designed a wheel for RC cars, and would like to know what it is going to cost me to have one prototype produced. And if the prototype is ok, I would like to see 20 pieces produced.

I have attached an image of the wheel so you can see what the work will be like. I have the .sldprt file here. If you need an other format please let me know.

Attachments

• wolf.jpg
    wolf.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 204

bobk

If you want the details shown in the pictures I can say those parts will cost alot of $. Without a detailed drawing to know exactly how big the part and details are a quote would be impossible. You should look into having a mold made and produce your part that way. Otherwise, you'll probably have to consider changing your design to make them more affordable.

Just my 2 cents!!

Hey Monster Beetle!

Cool part! It looks like a fun project. I looked at the pictures and I see a couple of details that may or may not be a show stopper. The details I speak of are the "internal hex" features. Your wheels are very small and as a result the internal hex features on the wheels would be extremely challenging to produce. It is likely that the wheels in your photos were injection molded.

We can make you a prototype in two ways. One is by using a "sinker EDM" process where we machine a graphite EDM electrode that would be plunged into a turned piece of aluminum. This would not be cheap! Just a rough guesstimate would be around $300.00

The other way would be to make a mold for you and have one of our local plastics companies squirt a few parts for you. This also would not be very cheap but you'd have a mold that you could make as many parts as you want and after the initial cost of the mold, the parts wouldn't cost very much to manufacture.

There is one more option... get rid of all the "internal hex" features and make this a simple part to turn and mill. We could probably turn one of these out for less than $150.00 (for one piece). It would obviously be cheaper as the quantities go up because the set-up costs get distributed over more parts. I could see these costing less than a dollar to produce if the quantities were there... but that would be a LOT of wheels!

I hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist in any other way.

Good luck,

Joe Senchuk, VP Sales and Engineering
Engineered MetalCraft, LLC
www.e-mcusa.com

ltmquik

Quote is as follows and is based on the part being 1" in diameter to 3" in diameter.

Wheel: $75.00 each.
Material: 6061 T6
Finish: Milled
Tolerances: +/-.005"
Freight: FOB 83854
Terms: Due prior to shipping. We accept Visa, MC, and Paypal!

Electronic 3D files required prior to production.

Thank you for the opportunity to quote!

Jeff Lange

skyline

Just a thought, you could make a tapped hole pattern and then use screws to simulate the bolt pattern you have there. One, I think it would look nicer and second it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to produce. My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.